Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My life without the internet


willywonka - Please, Jon, Write another blog post about how much you love the internet
A thought occurred to me today. I guess it's a little cliché, but truly what would I do without the Internet?

I'm employed by PHP development house that obviously could not exist without the Internet. I buy and sell things on a variety of websites including Amazon.com, eBay, Zappos.com, as well as a variety of  brick-and-mortar establishment websites. I manage my money on mint.com. All these things in my eyes are integral parts of my life.  I cannot imagine living without the tool that is the Internet.

I know that life existed before the Internet of course, but if I had to give up the interconnectedness that allows me to be a better consumer, a better father, and a better overall person - I don't think I could.

Now this is the part of the blog where I say how great social media is, but this is only a very small part of how I use the Internet. Aside from this blog, my Facebook profile and other social networks have very limited functionality when it comes to the entire scope of the Internet. It's really not all that useful to me. It's kind of just a time waster.

So the question of the day: can you imagine your own life without the Internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment