Sunday, January 27, 2013

What to expect when getting custom development


Advice Yoda Gives - your detailed list of requirements you must give to me
It's entirely possible to start a new Internet company without knowing a single line of code. It's very commonly said that managers hire people who are better than they are.  This is especially true when it comes to specialized tasks and skillsets.

So I'm going to share with you the key to getting a quality site created from a dedicated developer. This is not really secret, but I feel that it needs to be said more often, especially by us  industry folk:

Be as specific as you possibly can when communicating your expectations for your startup to your development team. You can never be too detailed.

That's it. I know, kind of a letdown. But it's true! If you've chosen a quality developer either in your country of origin or "offshore",  and he is properly skilled in his trade, he will very much appreciate the fact that you are sparing no time in telling him exactly what you want.  I often tell my clients and prospects over and over again that they cannot be too detailed in their descriptions of what they are looking for. After all, the better I understand their expectations, the better chance I can deliver exactly what they want. All developers want to deliver perfection every time. If yours doesn't, give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment